Home Prompt for 11-10-14. Describe a time when you felt powerful.
– I was asked to speak up on behalf of school parents, and I did it!…
– Just learning to shoot a gun gave me confidence in defending myself against abuse…
– Driving alone to Baltimore, and making it, was transformational…
– He left, but now, finally, I’m in control…
– Finally, women at work could wear pants…
Prompt 1. Eleanor Roosevelt said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”. How [ … ]
Hand in hand we walk briskly up the curving stone steps, open the heavy wood doors studded with dark metal hinges, and enter.
Far to the left is a large window, curved at the top, and protected at the bottom with a pierced wrought iron frame. Two wood rocking chairs flank the window, just waiting for me. I do not know what these rooms are for exactly, but it seems like a magic place.
My mother walks me straight up to the [ … ]
One of our members has a story to tell that inspired our group, and should inspire anyone that is struggling in their lives. Although she thinks that any young Mother would do the same to defend her children I think her experience was much more than that. I also think you’ll agree with me.
It was the first Friday in April, I’ll never forget it. I left my home, with my two small children, and went into hiding. I expected [ … ]
Ten years ago I was being treated for Prostate Cancer. I had external radiation therapy for five weeks, followed by a radioactive seed implant operation. My anger at one of my physicians led to my blowing off steam with the following poem:
Do Doctors take Compassion 101?
Are they taught how to treat us with kindness?
Can Considerate Cancer Care be instilled from without?
Compassion must come from somewhere, but where?
If Doctors do take Compassion 101
Do they get marks from the teacher?
Are there [ … ]
Home Prompt- Dealers Choice, you pick the subject.
– I felt pure joy when I remember the first smile of the baby…..
– I learned the hard way that loving others is really loving myself…
– (On the death of a friend) I weep through the day, my friend’s soul broke free…
– Savor life, don’t give in to “something bad is going to happen”…
– The excitement of moving here is past, we’re getting older, did we make the right move?….
– Requiem for [ … ]